Wednesday 2 January 2013

Snow Storm and Bitter Cold

Dear Readers;

  Holy Hannah!!! is all that I can say about doing the cow chores this morning. Gaura Nitai and I returned to the house convinced that our faces had been frost bitten and I had to soak my hands in hot water to defrost them. On these cold...cold mornings there is nothing better than doing the chores and then sitting down for a steaming hot bowl of oatmeal, buttered toast and aromatic rosehip tea.

 I've been cooking big pots of rolled oat,molasses,salt,veggies,dahl and fruit mash for Urvashi. She was quite shaky after giving birth to the twins and wasn't eating much. The vet said that I don't need to go to so much trouble.... just give her a small bucket of dry oats but I like doing this for her. I crack about 6 cups of oats in the blender and then cook it all down for 2 to 3 hours. I do this twice a day and she is loving it and thriving very nicely. Happy cows = happy cow-herders:) 


Cold but pretty!

Allen and Gaura Nitai

They finished installing the drywall today.
 The living room reno is continuing. Our friend Allen came over to help. Thanks Allen.

Stay warm and happy.
Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment