Thursday 10 January 2013

Golds Gym or Farm Chores

Dear Readers;

  I've always been obsessive compulsive about my weight. I blame my childhood Archie Comics for this. Why you may wonder...well... because Veronica weighed 114 lbs. Veronica was white...rich... snooty...had a great wardrobe and was slightly nasty...had all the boys after her and I wanted to be just like her. At 11 years old I was horrified to see the numbers on the scale tip from 99 lbs to 100 lbs. I was officially FAT!  I was 5'5" and I was sure that my life was over. I was miserable and obsessed...so I exercised endlessly.

 My life did not change much over the years. During the 1980's I worked out 3 days a week at Golds Gym and probably looked something like these cool people here. I was in excellent physical shape and I counted every calorie...no butter or ice cream ever!
  What I've found  here at the Farm is the complete opposite. I've noticed that when I'm working outside in the cold or in the barn hauling bales...putting large logs  into the fire and walking back and forth to the barn and the fields....I'm not getting enough calories....I can feel the weight burning off so I'm consciously trying to put some weight on.

Farming and gardening are just natures gym. This lifestyle keeps you healthy and happy.

Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment