Thursday 31 January 2013

Minimizing And Simplifying

Dear Reader;

 The snow disappeared overnight. During the night the winds were fierce and I was sure that I heard the shingles on the roof begin to tear loose. Gaura Nitai checked the roof this morning but it all looks good. The winds are still howling and rain is falling so it's an indoor type of day.

 Gaura Nitai is getting ready to remove the plumbing from the upstairs bathroom. Our plan is to install another compost toilet and a shower stall. The pedestal sink was a soap trade and the $1200 unused heavy glass shower stall we scored for  a cool $100!
 While Gaura Nitai was doing the bathroom I was busy going through every piece of clothing that I own and putting it in piles of...never wear...sometimes wear...always in my rotation. I buy practically every thing used...except of course the personal items.


Yikes!! Lots of really nice clothes and shoes but of no use in the barn!

Clothes that I actually wear! Not very many and loads of navy!
  I spend about $18 dollars for shampoo and conditioner at the local Health Food store...the products ..although expensive still make my sensitive scalp itchy. I simplified that by now using only our Om-Made Shampoo Bar  then conditioning with apple cider vinegar. Some people leave the vinegar in but I find that it makes my hair smell like a salad so I rinse it out after a few minutes.
 The power has been erratic all day due to the high winds. When we went out to move the herd into the barn we saw the hoop greenhouse flying across the front yard. We managed to pull it to the side of the house...hopefully it will survive the night. Rosemary (guinea fowl) was getting blown all over and desperately wanted to get back into the greenhouse. Unfortunately the greenhouse leans against the southern wall and since the hellish winds are blowing from the south it broke two of the supporting pipes. I didn't feel safe leaving her in there so I caught her by throwing my jacket on her and releasing her in the barn...with the rest of the beasties. Hopefully the winds will quiet down during the night.

Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment