Tuesday 22 January 2013

Darn Socks;)

Dear Reader;

 It's a -12 today....to cold to feel good about having the animals outside but they still need to go. The vet told us that it is not a good idea to keep animals in the barn to long because of the dampness,as dampness can cause respiratory problems. With those instructions to sooth our guilty conscience we herd the herd outside. Of course we do keep an eye on them and if they start to shiver and stop eating then back into the barn they go.

 On these types of days...it's a good idea to stay close to home and the fire. Unfortunately we did have to ship off a large order of our very popular Psychedelic "60's soap and do a few errands in Montague but now we are home and sitting by the fire.


 I bought a pair of red woolen socks for my dear husband and as many men will find...the heel of the socks tends to go quickly. I just wanted to show you how to mend a hole in a woolen sock. When I was a child my foster mother Madeleine taught me how to mend a hole in a sock by using a light bulb! I have seen the antique wooden thingy that you can place inside the sock as a backing for your darning project. I had neither so I used a tennis ball that I found while cleaning up the porch.




Stay warm.
Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment