Friday 18 January 2013

Bottle Feeding Twin Calves (Video)

Dear Readers;

  On my first visit to Scotland back in the "70's my boyfriend, now husband took me for a walk during our lunch break from selling veggies. We took a stroll out of the village and followed a stone wall....all was going well until I looked up and freaked! Being from Canada...I thought that we had come face to face with a bear. It was not...just a curious Highland cow. I was so impressed. Ever since then I have wondered if we could cross a zebu with a Highland cow....perfect for our cold Canadian climate.





  I have been bottle feeding the twin calves for a few days now. My first lesson that I have learnt is....keep your legs together! My second lesson was to make sure that one calf is kept in another pen other wise it is difficult to get the job done in peace. Right now it is fairly easy to push them away but in another week or two they will be bouncing me around the pen. The weather has turned bitterly cold so all of the animals are in the barn and all the pens are occupied...otherwise I would just put Radhe into the free pen until I am finished with Gopal who is smaller and a little less aggressive. She is very pushy and it's all about survival so there are no polite niceties with her.

Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal



No comments:

Post a Comment