Monday 10 December 2012

Mitts...

Dear Readers:

  My daughter Lalana and I were chatting to this lady selling at the North Milton Craft Fair, her passion was upcycling woolen sweaters and making mittens out of them. I loved the feel of the mittens and the fact that they were hand crafted and she used old sweaters that she had felted and sewn. Very cool.


  I thought that although I loved them....I already owned a pair of Hot Paw mittens from a few years ago. As someone who wants to live more simply....my question to myself was...Do I NEED these mittens? Answer...No. Next question....what can I do with the mittens that I now own to add some value and connection to me and my culture. So this is what I'm doing to make my mittens more relevant to me....I'm not finished yet....I want to add more designs and bells. I will update when I'm finished.

It just started to snow so I had better get going and finish these mittens:)

Look after one another.
Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal




No comments:

Post a Comment