Thursday 20 December 2012

Life and Death.

Dear Readers;

  We go on a daily morning japa walk and while on these walks we begin to know the local squirrels...rabbits...pheasants ...fox and other residents of the area. So when one of the locals meets a violent death by car..it is a sad time. Just yesterday our neighbor Mr. Squirrel was scolding us vehemently for disturbing his lunch ...today we found him dead by the road side.

  Once again when I view "death" I walked a ways and then thought..."So what is it that is gone from Mr. Squirrels' body?...It is the living essence...the soul...the person...because his cute little body is still here...I'm holding him...but HE is not here ..any longer...this little furry squirrel body is now just an empty shell."

  On my first walk past the body...I picked him up by the tail and threw it into the ditch because I didn't want to inadvertently walk on the decaying body on my next walk....but then after some thought and deep contemplation in the woods.( I was also doing a soap photo shoot)...I had the time to ponder life and death. On my way home I went into the ditch to pick the squirrel up and have a good look at him. I said goodbye and wished him well on his journey then respectfully placed his little body at the foot of a pine tree.

  We are all just passing through this world.

Bhagavad Gita As It Is by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Chapter 2 Verse 20

 
na jayate mriyate va kadacin
ajo nityah sasvato 'yam purano
TRANSLATIONFor the soul there is neither birth nor death at any time. He has not come into being, does not come into being, and will not come into being. He is unborn, eternal, ever-existing and primeval. He is not slain when the body is slain.

Take care of one another because the human form is very precious.
Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment