Thursday 6 December 2012

Baby It's Cold Out There.

Dear Readers;

  Joke...the definition of "stalking" is.....When two people go for a long romantic walk together...and...only one of them knows about it:)

  So after going for our japa walk...collecting..birch bark...picking various dried berries...fixing the fence...watering the cows...digging up carrots and beets for lunch...when I got into the house ..all I could say is..."Baby...it's cold out there!" That North wind is c..c..c...COLD!

Of course being on the farm there is still loads of things to do. Today I seriously have to finish washing the alpaca fleece...and drying it over the stove. I also picked some willow branches because I am trying to make cordage for my necklaces.

Washing the fleece in our Om-Made coconut oil laundry soap.

Now to dry it over the wood stove..then card..spin and knit:)

Who needs a loom..when we have feet;)

Tada...it's soft..feels good and smells like Lavender:)
Part of human nature is to decorate the body. Of course I have gold and silver jewellery and lots of costume pieces but my goal is to decorate my body with natural ..organic materials that I can find on this farm or on the beach. I made this shell necklace last night with..a shell(duh)..and braided wool. Then I found a "cotton plant" in the bog..placed it into the shell and added a few drops of essential oil. I'm wearing it now and...I like it...feels good. Next I am making myself some earrings...with what ...that is still a mystery even to me....but I will post pictures:) What about guinea fowl feathers?...To tribal?...To hippie?hmmmmm....We are a cow culture....so I'll see what I can find out here. Ooooooo....rolled cow dung pellets as beads?..hmmmmm?
Anyways take care,
Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment