Sunday 9 December 2012

Minding Our Business:)

Dear Readers;

Selling a product that you believe in ..is cool. Being around others who have the same belief is even cooler:) People who spend time to make something that they believe in have all that quiet ..alone time to ponder life...so I recommend that everyone buy homemade goods and support your local artisans. Stop long enough to talk to them about the reasons why they make what they do. Try not to barter because I know here on Prince Edward Island...the artisans are not making a huge profit...for instance...I was admiring this beautiful Icelandic patterned hand knit mohair sweater and the seller was selling for a mere $50!!! I'm sure the materials cost that much.

People here in Canada are saying that the economy is just suffering a little downward dip....I think not...just ask the artisans. People aren't buying like they usually do. One gentleman who makes spoons...sold 1/4 of what he usually sells..in comparison to last year.

 Fortunately..when we decided to make soap and beauty products to finance Govindas Farm..it is proving to be a good idea because Om-Made Soap sells well regardless of what is happening in the financial market because we have items that are $2 for lipbalm or 3 bars of soap for $10. We keep our quality high and our prices low so that everyone can afford a $4 bar of soap....thus keeping small qualities of money trickling in.

 With some of yesterdays profits we took one more step forward to simple living and bought a second hand spinning wheel!

  Here are some pics of yesterday in Charlottetown. The houses and Cathedral have some interesting pattern language. A few pics of "grafitti" and things that I bought at the Craft fair:) oooo ..also updated pictures of the wool necklace that I made a few days ago and the head "thingy" that I knit.....I transformed them by dying them with beets from the garden! A very nice lady made the felted marino wool blue flower brooch. I was having a crazy...dead hair day so I wore my funky hat thingy and Lalana just pinned the blue flower to it:)

Take care of one another
Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal










No comments:

Post a Comment