Sunday 2 December 2012

Make Something With Your Own Two Hands

Dear Readers;

  Gaura Nitai and I just completed selling our Om-Made Soap at a local two day craft fair. We did very well:)

  What I wanted to mention was that many of the vendors pack up and leave one hour before the time our contracts state. We on the other hand find that we always make money in the last hour just because everyone else is gone and also the vendors who have been busy in their own booths come and buy from us. Yesterday ..as we we're slowly packing up a lady stopped by to buy soap. She was dressed neatly in black....short brown hair... dark rimmed glasses...just an ordinary looking person.  Her attitude was somewhat caustic...."WHAT makes your soap..organic?" I explained the product and as she was leaving...somehow Gaura Nitai said something about ,"Not working for "The Man". All of a sudden her eyes changed...the energy that she was putting out changed. She smiled and started talking about her dream...what she wanted to do....how she also wanted to sell at the market....I won't share her idea here...but it was brilliant ...and her name for her dream company ..is capital F...fantastic. I'm looking forward to seeing her with her new company ..next summer...at the Farmers Market.

  What I learned ..is just to listen to people...listen to them talk about their dreams. This lady left bouncy and happy.
 
I love being with people who make things....so I often listen to this song..when I need a little pick-me-up....some encouragement to make something..such as soap:) Have a happy Sunday.(Sure miss those Sunday Feasts;(

Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal


No comments:

Post a Comment