Tuesday 4 December 2012

Earth Bag Houses

Dear Readers;

  Over the years my husband and I have built and lived in many different kind of houses.Some of these houses were good and others not so much. I especially liked the Earth sheltered home. One night we heard this incredible racket coming from the ceiling. We were terrified and thought that somehow or other the house was falling down. We grabbed the children and ran outside to see what was going on....only to see two cows grazing on our grass covered roof! Lesson....fence your roof..to keep the cows off:)

 This is our second year living in a Victorian house on windy Prince Edward Island and don't get me wrong...I love wind..I love the water..what I'm not crazy about is the gales shaking the house. It's darn right scary. If I had the money I would sell this ol' Victorian house and build an earth bag house instead. The interior walls would also be earth bags. Can you imagine just how quiet the house would be as the wind swoops over the top? Sooooo hobbity!

  When we figure out how to work this ol' scanner..I will post pictures of our straw bale house in Ashroft. B.C.

Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment