Saturday 17 November 2012

150 Mile Wardrobe Video

Dear Readers;

I love this video...it really jives with me. I don't think that we can do this overnight but this is a direction that we are going. Right now we are upcycling clothing or trying to buy anything that we need second hand. I just finished making a bunch of angora wool flowers from a sweater that was old and itchy.I don't know what I'm going to do with them just yet but I'm sure that we will find the perfect place for them. We are also looking around to see what our local resources are to use them to make a little money. I was trying to figure out how to make soap dishes because when we are selling soap customers often ask if we also have a soap dish. I figured that we could just use the clam shells that we find on the beach.





 We are also trying to support our local crafters as much as possible. For instance if I need jam then I will buy it from my neighbor who makes it instead of from the local Super market.Oooooo...that reminds me of this great pair of hand knit mohair socks that I have my eye on:)

Last year I was successful in growing flax for linen. This year we had our 3 alpacas  sheared. Unfortunately we did not have the $700 dollars that it was going to cost for our local mill to transform the bags of fiber into skeins of wool. Instead I sold it to the mill and put that money back into developing the fledgling soap making business. Perhaps next year we will either be able to process the fiber ourselves or have the money to have it done.

  I would love to see us support one another. If I'm making soap and you are making something that we require..then we can trade. Let's keep making things and becoming free.

Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal


No comments:

Post a Comment