Wednesday 16 May 2012

More Simple Living!

I was majorly bummed when I took a good look at the ingredient list of my favorite Burts Bees  Honey Lip Balm and discovered although it was suppose to be all natural ingredients it contained parfum or fragrance. I know that parfum is bad so I did more research and found David Suzuki foundation had some good information. Here it is.

Photo: Fragrance and parfum
Fragrance is an obvious ingredient in perfumes, colognes, and deodorants, but it’s used in nearly every type of personal care product. Credit: blue celt via Flickr.

Use in Cosmetics

The term "fragrance" or "parfum" on a cosmetic ingredients list usually represents a complex mixture of dozens of chemicals. Some 3,000 chemicals are used as fragrances. i Fragrance is an obvious ingredient in perfumes, colognes, and deodorants, but it's used in nearly every type of personal care product. Even products marketed as "fragrance-free" or "unscented" may in fact contain fragrance along with a masking agent ii that prevents the brain from perceiving odour. In addition to their use in cosmetics, fragrances are found in numerous other consumer products, notably laundry detergents and softeners and cleaning products.

You see....ol' Burt must have sold out to "The Man". I'm not happy about this at all. I feel let down like  one of my best friends sold me out....cheated on me.
Chemicals on my lips just sucks badly! I mean I apply lip balm at least twice a day ...everyday...so if I am reapplying it..where did it go the first time? I must have sucked it off and now I'm full of these 3000 chemicals that I wasn't aware of. Arrrr!

Anyways enough snashing the teeth and cursing "The Man". I'm going to do something about this injustice to my lips. I'm going to make my own Honey Lip Balm!
It is just so easy to make this stuff! I feel so much better:) Alright so I didn't give "The Man" a major blackeye.... just a little pinprick;)  I'm not going to provide you'all with a recipe because there are literally a gazillion recipes online.... and besides I kind of made mine up. I'm cheering you on...take care of your own needs...it's super empowering!                                                                Seriously though the reason why I do what I do and G does what he does is because we feel passionately about living a good life with as little stress as possible and maybe helping others with ideas on how they can live  a simpler life as well. Hare Krsna, Kokum Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment