Saturday 20 October 2012

Inspiring Garden Gates and Doors

Dear Readers;

  There are a few good books that I remember from my childhood. Unfortunately I can't remember the titles but I remember certain images that inspired me. One story was about a little boy who was very poor and lived in a slum surrounded by piles of rusty decaying junk such as old cars,bikes and cans. He took it upon himself to clean a small patch of ground. He surrounded this patch of bare earth with a string fence. He somehow or other got a few seeds of vegetables and flowers. He planted the seeds,tended the little plants and ultimately brought beauty to an ugly spot.

  Another book was of a little girl from the country who went to visit her grandfather who lived in the city. Her grandfather lived in an apartment building and together they built a rooftop garden that was a little piece of paradise in the middle of a concrete jungle.

 With these images planted firmly in my mind....I've always wanted to have a "secret garden". Now that I have all of this land I will begin to plan and plant a beautiful flower and fruit garden in honor of Srila Prabhupada. Here are a few ideas for doors and gates to the future garden.

  If you have some ideas or pictures I would love to see or hear about it.

  Thank- you and Hare Krsna,
Kokum Lal

Even the woodpeckers have an address on the Island.






No comments:

Post a Comment