Tuesday 1 October 2013

Purging

 I fight so hard against my natural tendency to be a minimalist.If I look back at my 16 year old traveling alone self....I only carried a small green army backpack and a fringe purse. In that pack I had a light weight sleeping bag and a few changes of clothes...toothbrush...toothpaste..soap...towel and a jacket. Did I suffer deprivation? Not that I remember. I just remember feeling groovy.

 After Gord and I finished the barn chores, I backed the car up to the front door and popped the trunk.
I then spent most of the day editing out all the stuff that is neither useful not of any real value to us.

 Each item that I place in the trunk...I thank it and tell it that it made me happy for a little while but now it is going to a new home.

 I like wide open spaces. I like clean. By ridding myself of the excess I feel peaceful.

Hare Krsna.
Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment