Monday 18 March 2013

Raw Milk and Stuff

Dear Reader;

 Getting milk from a cow isn't quite as simple as I thought that it would be. We are on day 4 and I managed to milk 1 cup out of one teat while fighting off two very lusty calves. Yesterday I managed to milk over 1 quart. So tonight I am going to put all four calves into a separate pen and then keep Saci by herself. She ought to be alright with this plan because she can still touch her calves but they won't be able to nurse for the night. Then early tomorrow morning as soon as it gets light I will hurry out to the barn with a bucket of grain and milk her!

 This cold weather is getting me down...it is so uninspiring....I mean it is March for goodness sakes....our faces should not be freezing off. The calves that are inside the barn are unhappy and they are getting tired of the same ol' hay. The cows outside of the barn are also getting bored with hay and want to eat some fresh grass. I know this because they give me "The Look".


 Even though we are feeling unmotivated.... I did manage to get a few coats of paint on my future altar. I will paint it white for now and when the weather improves my plan is to take it outside and give it a fabulous coat of silver! I bought this piece for a cool $25 from my friend Al. Until next time...sigh.......

Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal



No comments:

Post a Comment