Thursday 14 March 2013

Music Lessons

Dear Reader;

 The tallest building in my little hamlet where I grew up was the Roman Catholic Convent. I was very impressed by this building and I got to visit the basement on a regular basis because I would wait for my best friend Michelle to finish her weekly piano lesson.

 I was secretly jealous of her because I also wanted to learn how to play the piano. Unfortunately my foster home did not have the extra money to pay for such a luxury.....but...it's completely possible that I did not even ask to take lessons. You see when you are a foster child you are in that home on a temporary basis. It always feels as though there is a guillotine  hanging over your head...so you try not to be to much of a nuisance. I have to say "not to much" because I know that I was quite the handful and I drove my foster mother nuts...but...fortunately I also made her laugh.

 I harbored this desire to play an instrument...something very simple...because I can't read music or carry a tune. I thought a little harp would be perfect. About the time that I decided on a harp...a $50 one in my mind...my husband and I were visiting this store in England and it specialized in harps. My husband wanted to encourage my instrument idea and bought me this beautiful lap harp. Unfortunately I was intimidated by it and never learnt to plunk or plink the strings. I just lugged it around from country to country as a decoration. That is until a few weeks ago. I finally decided that I was never going to play the thing and I was tired of feeling guilty about it. It was better off in the hands of someone who would use it and appreciate it. The harp needed to fulfill it's destiny so we put it up for sale.
My harp.....goodbye....


 The lady who bought it, sight unseen was so excited and I have great faith that my harp has found a great home and the music that they make together will be beautiful.

 I feel a certain sense of freedom and calm. I can even breath a little deeper. Perhaps in my next life I will be a musician......hmmmmmm.

Hare Krsna.
Kokum Lal

2 comments:

  1. Hari bol prabhus

    Love the beautiful babbling brook and the nice music. Go to Coast to Coast AM-March 13 2013 Geoengineering Dangers Utube not to be a party pooper or anything but things are not so rosy, thanks to the demons in control of this world.

    Natha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...it's time to get out of here...isn't it?

    ReplyDelete