Friday 19 April 2013

Training Baby Steers

Dear Readers;

 I just finished publishing our latest video. We have been spending a few hours a day working with the calves to get them halter trained. We don't know what we are doing but I did find a great Facebook page called All Thing Oxen. I put my questions out there and there are so many passionate oxen people with oodles of knowledge and they love to share. Our problem with Gopala is he hates leaving the barn and we have been dragging him around with his halter. After three weeks of this he still hates going out and no wonder. Our fault is we were trying to force him so after listening to good advice we are waiting for him to make the move forward and reward him with praise. The video I'm posting is really a what not to do video. I will post one when we get the hang of the right way to do this training. Of course all animals have their different characters so what works for one steer does not necessarily work for the next one.

Hare Krsna,
Kokum Lal


No comments:

Post a Comment