Tuesday 7 April 2015

Survival...or Not...

Dear Readers;

This past winter with our 17 feet of snowfall and multiple blizzards has been to say the least extremely trying...physically...mentally...emotionally and spiritually.
Chapter 2. Contents of the Gita Summarized
TEXT 14
matra-sparsas tu kaunteya
sitosna-sukha-duhkha-dah
agamapayino 'nityas
tams titiksasva bharata

TRANSLATION
O son of Kunti, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.............(I recite this verse to myself when ever I'm feeling like....."What the h...e...double hockey sticks!")

 


It felt like the survival of the fittest..or not....


In order to clean the barn each morning we had to physically push each cow out of the door. I didn't blame them at all for not wanting to go out ,but, go out they must, in order for us to make sure that their beds are all clean and fluffed up.

Fortunately the weather is warming up and we are feeling hopeful that spring is finally on it's way.

I was so tired that I began to think, "I can't do this anymore. This isn't simple living...it's just barely surviving!"
Fortunately cows are so wonderful that even if those thoughts did come up.....I just had to walk into the barn and all negativity was instantly forgotten:)

Until next time,
Hare Krsna,
Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment