Tuesday 7 April 2015

New Cows!

Dear Readers;

I haven't written for awhile and I have so much to share.

While I was gone to Winnipeg to help celebrate my Mothers' 90th birthday,
My mom and her friend.
Gaura Nitai and Rama rescued our new cow Tulsi and her daughter 3 month old Manjari.

Tulsi was near death....starving...dehydrated with serious infections called hoof rot on her two back hooves. She was in such a weakened state that she could only lean against the barn wall. Gaura Nitai thought that they would only take the calf because he did not think that he could get the mom into the horse trailer. Even if he did manage to somehow drag her in...she would probably die on the way home.


 My husband is very loving and good at talking to animals...so he explained to her that she would need to gather all of her strength and drag herself onto the trailer. If...big if....she could do that..then he would do everything in his power to help her regain her health.

Well ...darned if she didn't do just that! Yay!!!!

We change her hoof dressings every second day and she is doing just fine! She eats and eats to her  hearts content! Here is a pic.

Until next time,
Hare Krsna,
Lal
Tulsi with her Kinky Red Boots!

Baby Manjari


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for keeping us up to snuff on how the sweet cows are coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you,your enthusiasm,your mission,and regardless of what is going I wish you healthy 2021

    ReplyDelete