Monday 23 June 2014

Wood Chip Gardening

Beginning of a MOObile for my new grand-daughter. Made with upcycled cotton and stuffed with merino wool.



Dear Readers;

I walk by a human and they will undoubtedly get this bewildered look and  say..."Hmmmm....all of a sudden I feel hungry for some fries!"  In the mood of making what we use....we make our own shampoo bar and for a hair conditioner I rinse my hair with two cups of apple cider vinegar and just leave it in. The ACV smell usually leaves after my hair is dried.This minty scented shampoo bar is a minimalists dream because you can shampoo your hair...wash your bod and brush your teeth with it. Of course I recommend you cut a bit of the bar off ...for your toothpaste...other wise...that would just be gross:)

I'll write the weekly blog post while my hair dries and besides I look like a wild woman with my hair down...and I hate having anyone see me like that! Once upon a time as I was typing my post and drying my long hair...a man...won't say who....said out loud...instead of wisely just thinking those thoughts said......"AHHHH!!!! YOU LOOK LIKE AN OLD INDIAN GRANDMOTHER!!!!".........thus began WW3 at Govindas' Farm!

Moving on to the present day....all is peaceful and mostly well. Most of the 600 tomato plants are doing well...some better than others. We observed that  the tomato plants that were sunk deeper into the soil are recovering much quicker than the ones that were planted nearer to the surface.
My heritage hollyhocks are beginning to thrive but not the morning glories.
Bhakta David has been planting up a storm. He now knows what a strawberry plant looks like....but not before he beheaded all of the strawberry patch with the weed wacker:(
On Sundays I cook up a prasadam feast using as much as I can find from around the property.

Dandelion greens in the pudhas and rhubarb for desert...along with chamomile and mint tea...to name just a few of the preps.

After lunch and a little cat nap the men went back to the garden to plant carrot seeds and fix fences for the cows. I on the other hand did the dishes
I collect vintage plates from second hand shops and purify them with homa ash.
and spend the rest of the afternoon sewing a mooooobile for my brand new grand-daughter....until it was chanting time.


Until next time.
Hare Krsna.
Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment