Monday 2 June 2014

Good Monday Morning

Dear Readers;

What a beautiful morning here at the farm. The sun is shining,the birds are singing and best of all Rosemary did not attack G! I think that she is experiencing those funny spring feelings;)...consequently is hate/loving all males.

 Yesterday the men moved and repaired the electric pasture fences  and moved the herd into the fresh pasture....giving the front pasture time to recuperate. I went to check to see if they did it right......kidding!......I went to visit the herd to see how they were doing and to give my opinion on when we will next need to move them.

 It looks like they will need to be moved just after lunch today. On the way back from the pasture I checked on the twenty rose bushes that G and I planted during the week and checked on the baby cherry trees. I gave them loads of manure so that ought to help them grow quite a bit this year.
Miss Rose and her 19 sisters are doing very well.

The dandelions are come up in full force and to those of you who don't know. We love..love dandelions!  We leave them for the bees to draw the nectar.  We also eat the leaves as veggies  and every morning I add a handful of freshly picked and washed leaves to our morning smoothie. I also add the leaves to our home made lemonade...along with a few sprigs of peppermint and of course sweetened with our neighbor Stan The Beemans' Honey. Yum!

Until next time.
Hare Krsna.
Lal


Baby cherry trees are thriving .

No comments:

Post a Comment