Monday 25 November 2013

Sunroom

Dear Readers;

Last year our garden bombed...big time. Perhaps it was due to the super cold spring...our daughters wedding in May....or our attention was more on the house renovation and not getting those seedlings out early enough.

 Although....to be honest with myself and I know that this is super vain......I don't like being out in the sun....it causes wrinkles! I have never roasted my body on the beach and I tend to run from building to building and walk on the shady side of the street. I never put sunblock on because I don't like chemicals on my skin....so the problem is ....although I love fresh veggies....and getting dirty in the garden.....I only feel alright in the garden on miserably cloudy days. Good for me...bad for the plants.

 Fortunately after watching Jon Jondais Ted Talks video....I have found a solution to my problem. In the video Jon said that he only works in his garden at six o'clock in the morning and only for fifteen minutes...every morning.....and grows enough vegetables for his family of six...with...enough veggies to sell!!! AHA! That made the most sense to me. Why didn't I think about that myself?

 Since that realization some months back my world has changed dramatically...just due to that small adjustment. Plants have now become my friends!

 Here at the farm we are building our sun room so that we can get those trays of seedlings growing early next spring.

Until next time.
Hare Krsna,
Lal
Before

Now


No comments:

Post a Comment