Sunday 10 November 2013

Minimizing The Pantry

Dear Readers;

My pantry was more of an oubliette than a working pantry. I felt stressed just looking into it and just try to find that "thing" that I needed.

Around the middle of the week I decided that I had procrastinated long enough so I decided to take on the pantry.

 When I really hate to do something but I know that it must be done I set up the television on a chair where I can see it...then I find a mindless but fun show on Netflix, such as Drop Dead Diva. I then empty every shelf from the pantry and place the articles on the table and floor. I then sweep and wash the shelves.

For the next step of the process...I sit on my footstool and "observe the battlefield". This sometimes takes a full half hour of just looking at all my "stuff". I then come up with a plan of what is going into storage,(My husband calls the shed..purgatory:) and what is going back on the shelves. The entire process took two days.
To much stuff :(


What a mess!

I can't even see the floor!    

These are the after pics. I managed to fill two big boxes of great stuff that I no longer need. The boxes will go to the shed for one month and if I don't open them up to retrieve an item...then off they go to a second hand store. Yay!!!

Simplify and minimize....it feels so good:)

Until next time.
Hare Krsna.
Lal
Much better but I can still whittle down the spices.

The bins now hold the occasional items. See the floor space:)

Dishes for guests and my homemade laundry soap,vinegar,cleaning cloths and beeswax candles.

The two boxes ready to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment