Tuesday 11 November 2014

I'mmmmm Back

Dear Readers;

I am finally back. I lost my blog and had to wait for a friend to come over to help me find it again.

We have had many adventures since the last post but the one that I will touch on in this post will be about the wood chip gardening. I know that there was some discussion about how this would not work because the decomposting wood chips would leech nitrogen from the soil.

We put cardboard boxes down on the grass...then added a thick layer of cow manure and then a layer of wood chips. I will admit that when we first put the transplanted seedling into the mixture....they did not look to good. To make matters worse Hurricane Arthur roared in and killed most of the babies! Ouch! Those plants that did survive did very well and we did not have to water them at all!

We are now converts and ordered another 36 tons of wood chips!

Until next time,
Hare Krsna,
Lal




No comments:

Post a Comment