Wednesday 21 May 2014

Yay! Spring Has Sprung.

Dear Readers;
 Ah...Spring is actually here and I for one could not be happier. Winter was just so,so long! We've been making loads of soap and we went to a Craft Fair on Saturday but we were not very successful. On the way back home we stopped at this incredible art gallery  called The Dunes. I didn't get any pictures of the inside but I just had to take a few pics of the garden. I love...love statues of all kinds but especially East Indian.
Gaura Nitai enjoying a few minutes of calm.

Reclining Ganesh and a Goddess

Ganesh wood carving.



Alright now that the weather is warm Gaura Nitai and Andrey have spent the past three Sundays moving the piles of cow dung to the fields and spreading it around. They have also been moving and cutting wood because we burn wood all year long.
  While they are busy outside  my job is to make sure that everyone is full of prasadam. Somehow I started to make spicy pancakes and that has expanded to various chutneys,yogurt,rice , dahl and a yummy desert.

 I met our Japanese volunteer Yuka in Charlottetown while we were selling soap at the Mall. She really wanted to get out of the city and DO SOMETHING!!! "Alright no problem", said I. She spends Sundays with us planting seeds into flats,digging up strawberry plants,feeding calves and chanting! Yuka is a joy to have around and she is so stylish:)




Until next time,
Hare Krsna.
Lal
Stylish Yuka digging up strawberry plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment