Monday 11 June 2012

Scotchfort Pow Wow June 10 ,2012

I went to the Scotchfort First Nations Mi'kmag Pow Wow yesterday to sell my products. As soon as I arrived...although I knew NO ONE and I was by myself....immediately an 80 year old grandfather came to welcome me and after watching me struggle with my new shelter...he left and sent over two boys to set it up for me. I continued to chat with many people as I set up...everyone smelling the soaps and just being very kind and friendly. Unfortunately as soon as I set up the table..the weather changed and a rainstorm washed away any hope of selling soap:) It vanished like a lone soap bubble in the wind;) But not to worry. I packed up the table and enjoyed my lunch prasadam as I watched the dancing and drumming. I felt happy to be amongst my people.
Today after selling our products at the Flea Market G and I took a drive back to the Pow Wow to see how the day was going. We decided not to bother selling anything but just sit and enjoy the drumming. The sound of the drum is very grounding. Hope that you enjoy my little video. I'm just learning how to edit movies....see you can teach an old dog new tricks.
My people followed 10 commandments. I feel as though I've strayed from this path and I need to do some inner work so that I can feel clean and good.
Hare Krsna,
Kokum Lal.


No comments:

Post a Comment