Monday 5 January 2015

Clothing or Fashion?

Dear Readers;

I have often  posed the question to myself, "As a spiritualist...are clothes important to me?"

Yes!!! That would be a resounding yes!

Every morning when I get up I have to decide what to wear according to the weather...according to my daily activities.

Now that I am older I've decided to forget about fashion and wear what ever suits my mood and small requirements.

 I like to see but not be seen.

 I don't like to be the center of attention....I find that embarrassing.

 I love black.

I found that this Japanese designer, Yohji Yamamoto, to be pretty cool. I like his style...simple.

He says things like..."Let me talk like an old man. Young people, be careful. Beautiful things are disappearing every day. Be careful.…You don’t need to be [shopping at fast-fashion stores], especially young people. They are beautiful naturally, because they are young. So they should even wear simple jeans and a T-shirt. It’s enough. Don’t be too much fashionable.…The brand advertising is making you crazy. You don’t need to be too sexy. You are sexy enough." yohji yamamoto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ovpSDZRAlw

I won't purchase his clothing because I buy most of what I need at the local thrift stores but I am inspired by his view point.

Until next time,
Hare Krsna,
Lal

No comments:

Post a Comment